My name is Maureen Handrahan and this is my personal website.
I am passionate about international relations, feminism, politics, and books. I engage in discussions of these topics on my social media and occasionally blog about them on this site. Opinions expressed are my own.
I obtained a Master of Arts with a major in International Security from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver. Prior to that I obtained a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in Political Science and International Development and a minor in African Studies from McGill University.
Currently, I work at Michigan State University’s International Studies & Programs Center as the Coordinator for International Health & Safety. I am thrilled to be back working in higher education given my previous experience at McGill University International Student Services and McGill University First-Year Office.
Other work and volunteer experience includes:
- Research Associate at the Sié Chéou-Kang Center for International Security and Diplomacy where I worked on the counter-terrorism research project GATE
- Women in Security program editor at the NATO Council of Canada
- Editor for Sylvagro International Trade & Development Consulting, an independent United Nations Development Programme project evaluation consultant
- University of Denver library
- Bilingual Youth Services Officer with Service Canada (Government of Canada)
- Youth Counselor at Viomax, a bilingual day camp for youth with physical disabilities
- Reception and Client Services at the publishing and marketing firm Imageworks Communication Group
- Co-founder of the McGill Has Hope Campaign to raise funds and awareness for AIDS prevention initiatives in Lesotho
- President and Vice-President of Communications of the McGill International Development Studies Student Association (IDSSA)
- Mikinduri Children of Hope member and Scholarship Fund co-founder
I love reading anything, traveling anywhere, and cooking everything. I am a walking Canadian stereotype qui parle français, and loves hockey, winter, and maple syrup.